“All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Thriving in our faith requires us to spend quality time in the Bible. This entails more than just reading the Word each day. Thriving in the Word requires commitment, investment, and application. So today, I want to share seven practical tips that I hope will help you to thrive as you grow in your faith, learn more about Christ’s incredible love, and apply it in your journey with Jesus.
- Pray each step of the way. God’s got your back.
- Believe in the value of the Word. If your mindset is not in the right place, you won’t absorb what Christ is trying to tell you.
- Make a plan and stick to it. Life gets busy and it’s easy to get distracted. Having a solid plan with a timeline and measurable objectives will keep you on track.
- Equip yourself with resources. Whether it’s sister White or a non-denominational resource, prayerfully pairing your reading of the Word with varying perspectives will help you better understand what God is trying to say to you.
- Study in community. While one on one time with Jesus is important, having Christ-minded friends whom you can discuss the concepts and stories with, makes the Bible that much more real and relevant.
- Don’t get lost in the details. It is easy to get lost in the specifics of a passage rather than seeing the bigger picture of what God might be trying to tell you. Meditate on the big picture so what you read may be relevant to you personally.
- Apply it to your life. Don’t just have devotions then go on with life as usual, find ways to apply the Word every day, because through doing so, you will Thrive to the next level of your faith in God!
I pray that these seven tips inspire you as you grow your faith in Jesus!