Each year I’ve learned more and more that self reflection is critical to our growth as individuals – especially in our faith journey. Through the process of reflecting on various experiences in life, I’ve been inspired by 2 Corinthians 13:5-6 which says, “Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it.”
Its’ a new year, and I believe God has big plans for you in 2022. Are you solid in your faith? Are you actively listening for His voice to guide you? Are you testing yourselves and taking action where your faith is weak? Take a moment to honestly ask yourself these six questions:
- Mind – Do you feel clear-headed, engaged, and spiritually challenged?
- Body – Does your body feel healthy, nourished, and strong?
- Soul – Do you feel at peace and connected to God and the world around you?
- Work – Do you feel interested in and fulfilled by your work?
- Play – Do you feel joyful? Are you engaging in activities that bring you Christ’s joy?
- Love – Do you feel positive about your relationship with God and others?
As you pursue 2022, find a community that will support your faith journey. Reflect on each thought and experience, making sure God is at the center of it all! It’s my prayer that your faith in Christ may be deepened so you are more prepared than ever before to be Jesus to those you encounter!