Jesus calls us to do life together. He could have sent us scrolls with the New Testament but chose to become a man, walk amongst us, and humble himself as a servant. He discipled 12 friends and trained them to live with brave hearts and to represent Him in their lives. Jesus lived an example for us to follow in ages to come.
I believe that strong Christ-centered community is integral to our faith experience. Amongst other things, a Christian community:
- Challenges us to live like Jesus (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Meets our practical needs (Acts 2:42-47)
- Carries us emotionally (Galatians 6:2)
- Reveals our gifts and talents (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)
- Opens our eyes to others’ needs (1 Thessalonians 5:14)
- Teaches us to navigate conflicts (1 Corinthians 1:10)
- Gives us the chance to forgive (1 Peter 4:8-11)
At Adventist Young Professionals we seek to foster Christ-centered community through faith development, authentic connections, and ministry engagement. May we surround ourselves with people pursuing this shared experience with Jesus. May we live our lives with brave hearts ready to face whatever life tosses our way. May we multiply Christ’s love to every person we encounter – today and until Jesus comes.